Man, 66, sentenced to four years in prison for sexually assaulting two schoolgirls
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Beccles man who sexually assaulted two schoolgirls has been jailed for four years.
Sentencing Jonathan Robinson, 66, Judge David Goodin said: “You were plainly in the grip of something you couldn’t control.”
Robinson, of Darby Road, admitted one offence of indecent assault and two offences of sexually assaulting a child under 13.
In addition to jailing Robinson, Judge Goodin made him the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered him to sign the sex offenders’ register. Both orders will run indefinitely.
Lindsay Cox, prosecuting, told Ipswich Crown Court that the offences came to light after one of the victims told her mother that she had a secret and then told her that Robinson had “tickled her privates”.
You may also want to watch:
When Robinson was questioned about what the girl said he accepted he had “crossed the line” but accused the girl of being a flirt.
Andrew Thompson, for Robinson, said his client had no previous convictions and the offences were out of character.
- 1 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 2 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 7 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day