Man, 66, sentenced to four years in prison for sexually assaulting two schoolgirls
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Beccles man who sexually assaulted two schoolgirls has been jailed for four years.
Sentencing Jonathan Robinson, 66, Judge David Goodin said: “You were plainly in the grip of something you couldn’t control.”
Robinson, of Darby Road, admitted one offence of indecent assault and two offences of sexually assaulting a child under 13.
In addition to jailing Robinson, Judge Goodin made him the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered him to sign the sex offenders’ register. Both orders will run indefinitely.
Lindsay Cox, prosecuting, told Ipswich Crown Court that the offences came to light after one of the victims told her mother that she had a secret and then told her that Robinson had “tickled her privates”.
You may also want to watch:
When Robinson was questioned about what the girl said he accepted he had “crossed the line” but accused the girl of being a flirt.
Andrew Thompson, for Robinson, said his client had no previous convictions and the offences were out of character.
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 7 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough
- 9 Award-winning Suffolk farm announces first ever pop-up restaurant
- 10 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award