Man, 66, sentenced to four years in prison for sexually assaulting two schoolgirls
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Beccles man who sexually assaulted two schoolgirls has been jailed for four years.
Sentencing Jonathan Robinson, 66, Judge David Goodin said: “You were plainly in the grip of something you couldn’t control.”
Robinson, of Darby Road, admitted one offence of indecent assault and two offences of sexually assaulting a child under 13.
In addition to jailing Robinson, Judge Goodin made him the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered him to sign the sex offenders’ register. Both orders will run indefinitely.
Lindsay Cox, prosecuting, told Ipswich Crown Court that the offences came to light after one of the victims told her mother that she had a secret and then told her that Robinson had “tickled her privates”.
You may also want to watch:
When Robinson was questioned about what the girl said he accepted he had “crossed the line” but accused the girl of being a flirt.
Andrew Thompson, for Robinson, said his client had no previous convictions and the offences were out of character.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143