Beccles man wins £2,000 TV as part of Hughes Electrical’s charity campaign for Nelson’s Journey
- Credit: Archant
A man from Beccles has taken home a new 55-inch television as part of an electrical retailer’s push to raise money for a children’s charity.
Ivan Rix won the ultra-HD LED TV worth nearly £2,000 from Hughes Electrical, which has pledged to raise £1,000 by the end of October for Nelson’s Journey’s 20th anniversary.
The charity supports young people living in Norfolk who have experienced a significant bereavement,
The TV was won in a raffle which took place across Hughes’ 13 Norfolk and Suffolk stores, with other prizes including a washing machine, Blu-Ray player and a robot vacuum cleaner.
Austin Redgrave, Hughes buying administrator, said: “Nelson’s Journey does a great job in supporting young people at the most difficult time of
You may also want to watch:
their lives and we know some of the families affected are our customers.”
Mr Rix had been a Hughes customer for more than 20 years, he added.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
Gena Moore from Nelson’s Journey said: “It is wonderful that Hughes has supported us as part of this fundraising scheme which will help us employ an additional child bereavement support worker. We are thrilled so many people entered the raffle and thank them, and Hughes staff, for getting behind our appeal.”