Beccles man wins £2,000 TV as part of Hughes Electrical’s charity campaign for Nelson’s Journey
- Credit: Archant
A man from Beccles has taken home a new 55-inch television as part of an electrical retailer’s push to raise money for a children’s charity.
Ivan Rix won the ultra-HD LED TV worth nearly £2,000 from Hughes Electrical, which has pledged to raise £1,000 by the end of October for Nelson’s Journey’s 20th anniversary.
The charity supports young people living in Norfolk who have experienced a significant bereavement,
The TV was won in a raffle which took place across Hughes’ 13 Norfolk and Suffolk stores, with other prizes including a washing machine, Blu-Ray player and a robot vacuum cleaner.
Austin Redgrave, Hughes buying administrator, said: “Nelson’s Journey does a great job in supporting young people at the most difficult time of
You may also want to watch:
their lives and we know some of the families affected are our customers.”
Mr Rix had been a Hughes customer for more than 20 years, he added.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
Gena Moore from Nelson’s Journey said: “It is wonderful that Hughes has supported us as part of this fundraising scheme which will help us employ an additional child bereavement support worker. We are thrilled so many people entered the raffle and thank them, and Hughes staff, for getting behind our appeal.”