Beccles manufacturer has boom in demand
A PACKAGING manufacturer is set to double its turnover to �1.5m this year after a boom in demand.Beccles-based CDi Worldwide, which produces custom-built packaging machines, has seen a rapid growth in sales, particularly for equipment for cost-saving forms of packaging.
A PACKAGING manufacturer is set to double its turnover to �1.5m this year after a boom in demand.
Beccles-based CDi Worldwide, which produces custom-built packaging machines, has seen a rapid growth in sales, particularly for equipment for cost-saving forms of packaging.
The company, set up seven years ago by Al Moore, is also set to take on five additional staff this year to cope with demand after growing from four to 10 employees in the past 18 months.
As well as supplying UK companies with machines, the firm produces equipment for Smart Karton in the US, a waste-saving method of packaging in which items are strapped by film to cardboard, eliminating the need for protective fillings such as bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips.
You may also want to watch:
The UK patented Smart Karton product was introduced to the US by Al Moore's colleague Andy Whiteside, where it attracted investment and is proving popular with shippers of items including books, ammunition, clothes and beauty products.
And CDi has also seen growth in the UK, with recent orders for machines to handle bags of dog biscuits, dried foods, aerosols and toiletries, and has won an order from China for two wrapping machines for the petro-chemical industry.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 6 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
Sales director Ivan Reeve said: “We're on target to double our turnover and that means more jobs. In the last 18 months CDi Worldwide had grown its workforce from four to 10, with a further five new jobs expected to be created this year.
“We're constantly looking for ways of adding value to our machines and that's helping customers make huge saving too.”