Beccles mayor says much has been achieved in town but there’s still work to be done
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is now at the end of my year as the mayor of Beccles.
It has been an honour representing a town such as Beccles. We have so much going for us and the people who contribute so much only add to what makes this town great.
I want to thank everyone who has supported me in the last year and their ongoing support for the town. There are too many to mention individually.
Although much has been done such as taking over Blyburgate Hall, and getting the quay back, so much more still needs to be done.
As Beccles expands and the town council takes on more responsibilities, we need to look to the future and plan how we do this. We are also looking at the quay area to see what can be done to improve this for the future.
You may also want to watch:
I ask that you continue to support the town council and the new mayor in the next year.
- 1 'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown
- 2 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 3 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 4 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 5 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 6 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 7 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 10 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich