Beccles mayor says much has been achieved in town but there’s still work to be done
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is now at the end of my year as the mayor of Beccles.
It has been an honour representing a town such as Beccles. We have so much going for us and the people who contribute so much only add to what makes this town great.
I want to thank everyone who has supported me in the last year and their ongoing support for the town. There are too many to mention individually.
Although much has been done such as taking over Blyburgate Hall, and getting the quay back, so much more still needs to be done.
As Beccles expands and the town council takes on more responsibilities, we need to look to the future and plan how we do this. We are also looking at the quay area to see what can be done to improve this for the future.
You may also want to watch:
I ask that you continue to support the town council and the new mayor in the next year.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more