Beccles mayor says much has been achieved in town but there’s still work to be done
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is now at the end of my year as the mayor of Beccles.
It has been an honour representing a town such as Beccles. We have so much going for us and the people who contribute so much only add to what makes this town great.
I want to thank everyone who has supported me in the last year and their ongoing support for the town. There are too many to mention individually.
Although much has been done such as taking over Blyburgate Hall, and getting the quay back, so much more still needs to be done.
As Beccles expands and the town council takes on more responsibilities, we need to look to the future and plan how we do this. We are also looking at the quay area to see what can be done to improve this for the future.
You may also want to watch:
I ask that you continue to support the town council and the new mayor in the next year.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings