Netball club encourages more women to join after England Roses win gold
- Credit: Archant
Have the England Roses winning gold at the Commonwealth Games inspired you to get out onto the netball court?
Beccles Netball Club is encouraging more people to take up the sport and welcoming new members to join its training sessions.
Formed in 2011 with just a group of mums playing netball to keep fit, the club has grown over the years to include two senior teams playing competitively in the Lowestoft Netball League, along with a junior squad.
Members train at The Venue in Ringsfield Road, Beccles, every Thursday from 7pm to 8pm, with the training sessions extended to end at 8.30pm in the summer months.
The senior section consists of various levels of experience and ages range from 16 to 50 plus.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Netball Club coach Kim Shrubsall said: “We welcome all ages and abilities and we really are a friendly club with lots of social gatherings too. And if you would like to play competitively, there’s the chance to join our Bluebirds and Hawks teams.
“Everyone is welcome to come and give it a try, even if you haven’t played since school you will soon pick it up again.”
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
Anyone who would like to join can contact Miss Shrubsall on 07973732888 or just turn up on the night.