Beccles nursery celebrates its second consecutive Ofsted report
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Beccles nursery has received its second outstanding Ofsted report in a row, with inspectors highlighting the teaching methods as an example to others.
Sunbeams Educare, in Common Lane, achieved a grade one rating across the board, with management and staff praised for their extensive knowledge and skills.
The report said: “Teaching is consistently of the highest quality and worthy of dissemination to others. Staff are highly responsive to children’s needs and their changing interests. Children are inspired and motivated to learn by the exceptional range of exciting and stimulating indoor and outdoor play experiences.
“Children’s behaviour is excellent. Staff expect nothing less from children and this is reflected in the calm atmosphere and thoughtfulness shown by them.
“Staff use their expert knowledge of each child to ensure children makes consistently high rates of progress and are exceptionally well prepared for their future learning.”
You may also want to watch:
The pre-school has been owned and managed by Angie Soloman and Cheryl Harrison since 2007, who employ five members of staff.
Inspectors observed the quality of teaching during activities outdoors and indoors, adding that the managers have a deep understanding of the curriculum, leading a very strong staffing team, which is highly skilled at planning activities that ignite individual children’s curiosity, imagination, capabilities and interests.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Limit on mourners at funerals to be lifted from May 17
Mrs Soloman said: “We are so pleased the inspector had so many positive things to say. This is our third Ofsted and our second outstanding, which is just fantastic. We are really proud of the children, the staff and everything the inspector said in her report. We never rest on our laurels, we are continually looking to develop, and the staff bring their own great qualities.”
Sunbeams Educare has been asked to continue to research further ways of expanding upon the already outstanding practice.
And staff and children celebrated the good news with a party run by children’s entertainer The Johnny Jaffacake Show.
Mrs Harrison said: “They changed the framework in September and it did make it harder. We are continually evaluating the sessions in case something hasn’t quite gone to plan, but we also do a lot of research and we are always open to new strategies.
“We now need to keep continuing to this level. We are always open to changes and new ideas, it doesn’t stand still.”