Beccles nursery celebrates its second consecutive Ofsted report
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A Beccles nursery has received its second outstanding Ofsted report in a row, with inspectors highlighting the teaching methods as an example to others.
Sunbeams Educare, in Common Lane, achieved a grade one rating across the board, with management and staff praised for their extensive knowledge and skills.
The report said: “Teaching is consistently of the highest quality and worthy of dissemination to others. Staff are highly responsive to children’s needs and their changing interests. Children are inspired and motivated to learn by the exceptional range of exciting and stimulating indoor and outdoor play experiences.
“Children’s behaviour is excellent. Staff expect nothing less from children and this is reflected in the calm atmosphere and thoughtfulness shown by them.
“Staff use their expert knowledge of each child to ensure children makes consistently high rates of progress and are exceptionally well prepared for their future learning.”
You may also want to watch:
The pre-school has been owned and managed by Angie Soloman and Cheryl Harrison since 2007, who employ five members of staff.
Inspectors observed the quality of teaching during activities outdoors and indoors, adding that the managers have a deep understanding of the curriculum, leading a very strong staffing team, which is highly skilled at planning activities that ignite individual children’s curiosity, imagination, capabilities and interests.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
Mrs Soloman said: “We are so pleased the inspector had so many positive things to say. This is our third Ofsted and our second outstanding, which is just fantastic. We are really proud of the children, the staff and everything the inspector said in her report. We never rest on our laurels, we are continually looking to develop, and the staff bring their own great qualities.”
Sunbeams Educare has been asked to continue to research further ways of expanding upon the already outstanding practice.
And staff and children celebrated the good news with a party run by children’s entertainer The Johnny Jaffacake Show.
Mrs Harrison said: “They changed the framework in September and it did make it harder. We are continually evaluating the sessions in case something hasn’t quite gone to plan, but we also do a lot of research and we are always open to new strategies.
“We now need to keep continuing to this level. We are always open to changes and new ideas, it doesn’t stand still.”