'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- Credit: Danielle Booden
The proud owner of a fast growing agave regina plant has reflected on becoming a Beccles town celebrity.
Last week, Philip Roberts, 84, was shocked to discover that his agave regina plant bought 42 years ago from a garden centre near Camber Sands Pontins suddenly started growing 8 inches a day.
Fast forward a week and the plant has grown another two feet, with Mr Roberts' grandson expecting the plant to possibly grow an extra one to two feet in height.
Mr Roberts said: "Since the article was published so many people have stopped me in Beccles, recognising me as the owner of the huge plant.
"Everyone recognises me now and they have been asking when the plant is expected to bloom.
"The truth is we are really not sure but he will certainly look magnificent once this process starts.
You may also want to watch:
"He's still in the garden, he's simply too big now for either the house or the conservatory."
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price