Beccles printing business folding
AN independent Beccles business is folding, with up to 25 staff facing redundancy.Directors of Riverside Print Finishing, in Common Lane North, announced the news to employees on Monday morning.
AN independent Beccles business is folding, with up to 25 staff facing redundancy.
Directors of Riverside Print Finishing, in Common Lane North, announced the news to employees on Monday morning.
The business has been trading in Beccles for more than 15 years, specialising in all types of print finishing, including jacketing, sewing, inserting, insetting, dispatching and mailing and other specialist handiwork.
Brothers Charlie and Freddie Longe have been managing directors for the past 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Longe said the company had lost some of its firm client base due to the recession.
He said: “This is no reflection on the extremely hard work of our dedicated staff. Business has been difficult for the past two years and we are desperately sad it's come to this. Our staff have become our friends and its extremely upsetting.
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
“The turnover has dropped quite badly. We took a lot of precautionary steps and tried everything we could. We just can't be confident of getting enough business over the next six months to get through it.
“During the recession the book world has been particularly hit.”
Mr Longe said some of the machinery was available to purchase and he would be happy to receive bids.
Leathes Prior Solicitors in Norwich is handling redundancy payments.