Beccles printing business folding
AN independent Beccles business is folding, with up to 25 staff facing redundancy.Directors of Riverside Print Finishing, in Common Lane North, announced the news to employees on Monday morning.
AN independent Beccles business is folding, with up to 25 staff facing redundancy.
Directors of Riverside Print Finishing, in Common Lane North, announced the news to employees on Monday morning.
The business has been trading in Beccles for more than 15 years, specialising in all types of print finishing, including jacketing, sewing, inserting, insetting, dispatching and mailing and other specialist handiwork.
Brothers Charlie and Freddie Longe have been managing directors for the past 10 years.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Longe said the company had lost some of its firm client base due to the recession.
He said: “This is no reflection on the extremely hard work of our dedicated staff. Business has been difficult for the past two years and we are desperately sad it's come to this. Our staff have become our friends and its extremely upsetting.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message
“The turnover has dropped quite badly. We took a lot of precautionary steps and tried everything we could. We just can't be confident of getting enough business over the next six months to get through it.
“During the recession the book world has been particularly hit.”
Mr Longe said some of the machinery was available to purchase and he would be happy to receive bids.
Leathes Prior Solicitors in Norwich is handling redundancy payments.