Beccles printing business folding
AN independent Beccles business is folding, with up to 25 staff facing redundancy.Directors of Riverside Print Finishing, in Common Lane North, announced the news to employees on Monday morning.
AN independent Beccles business is folding, with up to 25 staff facing redundancy.
Directors of Riverside Print Finishing, in Common Lane North, announced the news to employees on Monday morning.
The business has been trading in Beccles for more than 15 years, specialising in all types of print finishing, including jacketing, sewing, inserting, insetting, dispatching and mailing and other specialist handiwork.
Brothers Charlie and Freddie Longe have been managing directors for the past 10 years.
Charlie Longe said the company had lost some of its firm client base due to the recession.
He said: “This is no reflection on the extremely hard work of our dedicated staff. Business has been difficult for the past two years and we are desperately sad it's come to this. Our staff have become our friends and its extremely upsetting.
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition
“The turnover has dropped quite badly. We took a lot of precautionary steps and tried everything we could. We just can't be confident of getting enough business over the next six months to get through it.
“During the recession the book world has been particularly hit.”
Mr Longe said some of the machinery was available to purchase and he would be happy to receive bids.
Leathes Prior Solicitors in Norwich is handling redundancy payments.