Beccles pupil designs Christmas card to be sent to prime minister Theresa May
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old Beccles pupil has won a competition to design a Christmas card for Waveney MP Peter Aldous.
Mr Aldous chose the card from a design contest held at Beccles Primary Academy.
The winning design was created by Ruben Riseborough, with eight-year-old Alexia Crisp and seven-year-old Sophie Edwards as runners up.
Mr Aldous visited the school to present the winners with House of Commons pens, along with a book token for Ruben.
The winning card is being printed by Anglia Print Ltd in Ellough. Three hundred cards have been ordered, and one will be sent to Prime Minister Theresa May.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aldous said: “I was extremely impressed with the many designs that came forward and it was difficult to make a final choice. Thank you to the staff and the pupils for taking part, and to Ruben for his excellent design.”
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 1960s music night to raise hospital funds
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Damaged opiate vials at hospital 'likely a manufacturing fault'
- 9 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post