Beccles pupil designs Christmas card to be sent to prime minister Theresa May
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year-old Beccles pupil has won a competition to design a Christmas card for Waveney MP Peter Aldous.
Mr Aldous chose the card from a design contest held at Beccles Primary Academy.
The winning design was created by Ruben Riseborough, with eight-year-old Alexia Crisp and seven-year-old Sophie Edwards as runners up.
Mr Aldous visited the school to present the winners with House of Commons pens, along with a book token for Ruben.
The winning card is being printed by Anglia Print Ltd in Ellough. Three hundred cards have been ordered, and one will be sent to Prime Minister Theresa May.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aldous said: “I was extremely impressed with the many designs that came forward and it was difficult to make a final choice. Thank you to the staff and the pupils for taking part, and to Ruben for his excellent design.”
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day