Beccles pupils put hard work to the test at robotics competition
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles have been working hard for the past term in preparation for the regional Lego Robotics League Competition.
The John Leman Robotics Club teams have been building and programming robots from the ground up to perform various challenges on a board set by the league. They have also been researching a project on ways to enhance the learning of a chosen topic or subject.
The pupils came up with projects on how to use virtual reality to aid history teaching, use interactive holograms to teach people about the brain and how to build a street-smart robot to teach children about safety.
The Leman Robotics Club travelled to Duxford last month to take part in the competition, which is held annually.
In addition to the robot challenge, they also took part in various activities including interviews with engineers to explain the design rationale for their robots and presentations of their projects to industry professionals.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from the school said: “The Sir John Leman team did extremely well, with one team coming third out of 24 schools for the robotics challenge. We were commended on our students’ performance and demonstration of excellent teamwork and sportsmanship. Well done to everyone who participated in an extremely successful and rewarding day.”
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 8 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks