Pupils recognised for hard work and positive attitudes to learning at awards night
- Credit: Archant
Around 130 pupils from Beccles and beyond were awarded for their achievements at the 10th annual partnership awards ceremony.
Held at St Michael’s Church, the event saw pupils from the Sir John Leman High School along with its 11 partnership schools presented with medals and certificates for their efforts.
Ranging from Years 1 to 13, pupils were nominated by their respective schools in recognition of their academic, sporting or extra-curricular achievements, as well as a positive attitude to learning, hard work and achieving a personal best.
Headteacher Michael Taylor presented the awards along with guest speaker, Sadie Lofthouse, human resources manager at Adnams, who gave a speech incorporating the acronym C, D, E, F for curiosity, determination, energy and fun when describing a good working ethos whether it be towards school work or professional environments.
A special headteacher’s award was presented to Amber Gooch-Boags from Albert Pye School and also to Alice Etteridge, from Sir John Leman High School.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the evening guests were entertained by the school jazz band, as well as the Beccles Partnership Choir.
Mr Taylor described the evening as “energising, up-lifting and epitomising what we think about the role of education; focussing on the academic whilst supporting holistic development of the young people.”
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
The partnership schools involved in the ceremony were: Albert Pye, Ravensmere Infant, Barnby and North Cove Primary, Southwold Primary, Beccles Primary Academy, Brampton, Ringsfield, Gillingham St Michael’s, Reydon, St Benet’s Primary and Worlingham.