Beccles quiz nights raise £1,000 for hospital
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £1,000 has been presented to the League of Friends at Beccles Hospital, raised through a monthly quiz night.
Brenda Clarke has been running charity quizzes on the second Sunday of each month since October 2015. And this is the second donation of £1,000 to be given to the hospital.
The money was presented to Dr Tony Bubb, chairman Friends.
Mrs Clarke said: “I would like to thank all those who have supported my quiz regularly since I started. Also thanks to the many people who generously donate raffle prizes.”
The quiz nights are held at the Caxton Club in Beccles and non-members are welcome. There are 12 rounds of questions and two table top challenges to complete during the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £2 per person, with teams of up to six welcome. There are light nibbles and a raffle during the break.
The next quiz is on March 12 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed