Beccles quiz nights raise £1,000 for hospital
- Credit: Archant
A cheque for £1,000 has been presented to the League of Friends at Beccles Hospital, raised through a monthly quiz night.
Brenda Clarke has been running charity quizzes on the second Sunday of each month since October 2015. And this is the second donation of £1,000 to be given to the hospital.
The money was presented to Dr Tony Bubb, chairman Friends.
Mrs Clarke said: “I would like to thank all those who have supported my quiz regularly since I started. Also thanks to the many people who generously donate raffle prizes.”
The quiz nights are held at the Caxton Club in Beccles and non-members are welcome. There are 12 rounds of questions and two table top challenges to complete during the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is £2 per person, with teams of up to six welcome. There are light nibbles and a raffle during the break.
The next quiz is on March 12 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message