School’s link with Rotary club is celebrated as pupils host special dinner
- Credit: Archant
A special dinner has been hosted by staff and pupils at a Beccles school, with members of the town’s Rotary club invited as the guests of honour.
The annual dinner at the Sir John Leman High School continues a tradition of co-operation between Beccles Rotary Club and the school that has included entertainment by the school jazz band at the club’s Beccles Hospital Fete and the use of the school as a base for the Cycle for Life charity ride.
Rotary president John Warburton was invited to sit at the head of the table joined by school headteacher Michael Taylor, with other members of staff and 12 Rotarians enjoying the dinner.
Members were able to meet pupils from the school council and chat about their aspirations and achievements.
The meal was provided by the school’s caterers and pupils helped with serving, moving round to a new place between courses to enable them to meet and chat to more of the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Warburton and Mr Taylor both spoke in appreciation of the value of the co-operation between the school and the club.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published