School’s link with Rotary club is celebrated as pupils host special dinner
- Credit: Archant
A special dinner has been hosted by staff and pupils at a Beccles school, with members of the town’s Rotary club invited as the guests of honour.
The annual dinner at the Sir John Leman High School continues a tradition of co-operation between Beccles Rotary Club and the school that has included entertainment by the school jazz band at the club’s Beccles Hospital Fete and the use of the school as a base for the Cycle for Life charity ride.
Rotary president John Warburton was invited to sit at the head of the table joined by school headteacher Michael Taylor, with other members of staff and 12 Rotarians enjoying the dinner.
Members were able to meet pupils from the school council and chat about their aspirations and achievements.
The meal was provided by the school’s caterers and pupils helped with serving, moving round to a new place between courses to enable them to meet and chat to more of the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Warburton and Mr Taylor both spoke in appreciation of the value of the co-operation between the school and the club.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?