Beccles Rotary Club presents cheque to Riding for Disabled group
- Credit: Beccles Rotary Club
Beccles Rotary Club has awarded a £500 cheque to Riding for the Disabled, run by Tess Hardy and based at Pakefield Riding School.
The donation was made from the club’s charitable trust and was made possible by the annual Beccles Cycle for Life event.
The money was presented to the group to help compensate for the withdrawal of a Suffolk County Council financial contribution.
John Swanbury of the rotary club said: “Hopefully this will help disabled and special needs riders continue to do what they love.
“The donation will help with the sponsorship of those who would otherwise be unable to afford to come, even though Mrs Hardy provides this at a cheaper rate than normal.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s Cycle for Life is being held on May 14 and all the details are available at www.becclescycleforlife.org.
The proceeds are split between the for East Anglian Air Ambulance and other kinds of charitable work.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 5 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend