Primary school tackles parking problem with ‘Respect Zone’
- Credit: Archant
Students of Brampton Primary have taken matters into their own hands to rid illegal parking in the area.
The Beccles primary school, on Southwold road, have introduced Junior Road Safety officers (JRSOs) and ‘Respect Zone’ cones.
According to Suffolk Roadside, there are often issues outside of the school gate relating to traffic build up and the potential for a pedestrian to be hit.
A spokesperson said: “Schools have developed their own ways of managing the school entrance issues.
“Many have looked at encouraging parents to either walk, cycle, or park further away. Others have developed a ‘Drop and Go’ system.”
You may also want to watch:
JRSOs are students from year four and above who promote road safety within the school community.
During the peak time, no one is able to park in the respect zone which are placed by the school 30 minutes before the school day and 30 minutes after.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 4 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 5 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 6 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 7 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 10 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead