Primary school tackles parking problem with ‘Respect Zone’
- Credit: Archant
Students of Brampton Primary have taken matters into their own hands to rid illegal parking in the area.
The Beccles primary school, on Southwold road, have introduced Junior Road Safety officers (JRSOs) and ‘Respect Zone’ cones.
According to Suffolk Roadside, there are often issues outside of the school gate relating to traffic build up and the potential for a pedestrian to be hit.
A spokesperson said: “Schools have developed their own ways of managing the school entrance issues.
“Many have looked at encouraging parents to either walk, cycle, or park further away. Others have developed a ‘Drop and Go’ system.”
You may also want to watch:
JRSOs are students from year four and above who promote road safety within the school community.
During the peak time, no one is able to park in the respect zone which are placed by the school 30 minutes before the school day and 30 minutes after.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles