Primary school tackles parking problem with ‘Respect Zone’
- Credit: Archant
Students of Brampton Primary have taken matters into their own hands to rid illegal parking in the area.
The Beccles primary school, on Southwold road, have introduced Junior Road Safety officers (JRSOs) and ‘Respect Zone’ cones.
According to Suffolk Roadside, there are often issues outside of the school gate relating to traffic build up and the potential for a pedestrian to be hit.
A spokesperson said: “Schools have developed their own ways of managing the school entrance issues.
“Many have looked at encouraging parents to either walk, cycle, or park further away. Others have developed a ‘Drop and Go’ system.”
You may also want to watch:
JRSOs are students from year four and above who promote road safety within the school community.
During the peak time, no one is able to park in the respect zone which are placed by the school 30 minutes before the school day and 30 minutes after.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?