Town to host second antiques market of the year
- Credit: James Bass
The Beccles Antiques Street Market will be returning to the town again next weekend.
The event, which is now in its ninth year, plays host to a hundred general and specialist dealers selling a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables including furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design/clothing and decorative items.
Started in 2009, the market has gone from strength to strength and is now held twice a year.
The market on Sunday, August 12, will be the second of the year, running from 8am to 4pm.
It was started by Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxons, who said: “Holding two street markets on this scale twice a year is a logistical challenge but well worth it for both the sellers and buyers who return year after year.”
You may also want to watch:
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will be open on the day and street food is incorporated into the market. Entry is free.
For more information call Kate on 01503 711174 or visit the Beccles Antiques Street Market Facebook page.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143