Town to host second antiques market of the year
- Credit: James Bass
The Beccles Antiques Street Market will be returning to the town again next weekend.
The event, which is now in its ninth year, plays host to a hundred general and specialist dealers selling a wide range of good quality antiques and collectables including furniture, silver, china, linen, jewellery, books, clocks, retro and vintage design/clothing and decorative items.
Started in 2009, the market has gone from strength to strength and is now held twice a year.
The market on Sunday, August 12, will be the second of the year, running from 8am to 4pm.
It was started by Kate Lee from Blyburgate Antiques and Christine Pinsent from Saxons, who said: “Holding two street markets on this scale twice a year is a logistical challenge but well worth it for both the sellers and buyers who return year after year.”
You may also want to watch:
Many of the local shops, restaurants and bars will be open on the day and street food is incorporated into the market. Entry is free.
For more information call Kate on 01503 711174 or visit the Beccles Antiques Street Market Facebook page.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers