Secondary school appoints new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
An education trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Suffolk.
A school trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Beccles.
Heidi Philpott will be the new head of school at the Seckford Education Trust’s (SET) school in Beccles.
Currently the vice principal at IES Breckland school, in Brandon, Mrs Philpott will take up her new role in September 2020.
“Everyone I have met at the trust so far has been friendly, warm, and welcoming. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone at the school,” Mrs Philpott said.
You may also want to watch:
SET Beccles School, on Castle Hill, provides secondary education for students aged between 11 and 16.
Mrs Philpott added: “I am keen to work at SET Beccles as I can see that it was born out of the local community’s desire to have something different. It is a small school that knows and values each of its students and can offer each of them a bespoke education.”
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
Graham Watson, SET chief executive, said: “The recruitment panel unanimously agreed that Mrs Philpott is the best candidate for the job. We are delighted to appoint her and look forward to supporting Heidi to further develop our Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ school.”