Secondary school appoints new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
An education trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Suffolk.
A school trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Beccles.
Heidi Philpott will be the new head of school at the Seckford Education Trust’s (SET) school in Beccles.
Currently the vice principal at IES Breckland school, in Brandon, Mrs Philpott will take up her new role in September 2020.
“Everyone I have met at the trust so far has been friendly, warm, and welcoming. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone at the school,” Mrs Philpott said.
SET Beccles School, on Castle Hill, provides secondary education for students aged between 11 and 16.
Mrs Philpott added: “I am keen to work at SET Beccles as I can see that it was born out of the local community’s desire to have something different. It is a small school that knows and values each of its students and can offer each of them a bespoke education.”
- 1 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 2 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
Graham Watson, SET chief executive, said: “The recruitment panel unanimously agreed that Mrs Philpott is the best candidate for the job. We are delighted to appoint her and look forward to supporting Heidi to further develop our Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ school.”