Secondary school appoints new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
An education trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Suffolk.
A school trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Beccles.
Heidi Philpott will be the new head of school at the Seckford Education Trust’s (SET) school in Beccles.
Currently the vice principal at IES Breckland school, in Brandon, Mrs Philpott will take up her new role in September 2020.
“Everyone I have met at the trust so far has been friendly, warm, and welcoming. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone at the school,” Mrs Philpott said.
You may also want to watch:
SET Beccles School, on Castle Hill, provides secondary education for students aged between 11 and 16.
Mrs Philpott added: “I am keen to work at SET Beccles as I can see that it was born out of the local community’s desire to have something different. It is a small school that knows and values each of its students and can offer each of them a bespoke education.”
- 1 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
Graham Watson, SET chief executive, said: “The recruitment panel unanimously agreed that Mrs Philpott is the best candidate for the job. We are delighted to appoint her and look forward to supporting Heidi to further develop our Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ school.”