Secondary school appoints new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
An education trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Suffolk.
A school trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Beccles.
Heidi Philpott will be the new head of school at the Seckford Education Trust’s (SET) school in Beccles.
Currently the vice principal at IES Breckland school, in Brandon, Mrs Philpott will take up her new role in September 2020.
“Everyone I have met at the trust so far has been friendly, warm, and welcoming. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone at the school,” Mrs Philpott said.
You may also want to watch:
SET Beccles School, on Castle Hill, provides secondary education for students aged between 11 and 16.
Mrs Philpott added: “I am keen to work at SET Beccles as I can see that it was born out of the local community’s desire to have something different. It is a small school that knows and values each of its students and can offer each of them a bespoke education.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
Graham Watson, SET chief executive, said: “The recruitment panel unanimously agreed that Mrs Philpott is the best candidate for the job. We are delighted to appoint her and look forward to supporting Heidi to further develop our Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ school.”