Secondary school appoints new headteacher
- Credit: Archant
An education trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Suffolk.
A school trust has appointed a new headteacher for one of its schools in Beccles.
Heidi Philpott will be the new head of school at the Seckford Education Trust’s (SET) school in Beccles.
Currently the vice principal at IES Breckland school, in Brandon, Mrs Philpott will take up her new role in September 2020.
“Everyone I have met at the trust so far has been friendly, warm, and welcoming. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone at the school,” Mrs Philpott said.
You may also want to watch:
SET Beccles School, on Castle Hill, provides secondary education for students aged between 11 and 16.
Mrs Philpott added: “I am keen to work at SET Beccles as I can see that it was born out of the local community’s desire to have something different. It is a small school that knows and values each of its students and can offer each of them a bespoke education.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
Graham Watson, SET chief executive, said: “The recruitment panel unanimously agreed that Mrs Philpott is the best candidate for the job. We are delighted to appoint her and look forward to supporting Heidi to further develop our Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ school.”