Women share stories of members’ slimming success with singer Peter Andre
- Credit: Archant
Two women who inspire others to lose weight and change their lives have been congratulated by singer and TV presenter Peter Andre.
Liz Sunderland and Abby Earl, who run Slimming World groups in Beccles and Worlingham, met the Mysterious Girl singer at the annual Slimming World Awards which he co-hosted along with the organisation’s founder and chairman Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE.
Ms Sunderland runs groups at Worlingham Primary School and at Hungate Hall in Beccles, and said Andre’s presence at the awards was extra special because he had previously supported The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw, which raised a record-breaking £3.3m for charity in just two weeks.
The annual clothes throw encourages Slimming World’s 900,000 group members to donate the clothes, shoes, bags and accessories that are now too big for them to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Ms Sunderland said: “I couldn’t be prouder of my members. Throughout 2017 they have lost fantastic amounts of weight, with many of them hitting their target weights, improving their health and boosting their confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“Cuddling up to Peter was a real treat. He was bowled over by the difference Slimming World makes to people’s lives and it reminded me what an important and privileged role I have as a consultant.”
Miss Earl, who runs groups at St Luke’s Church in Beccles and Hobart High School in Loddon, said: “Lots of people will be making resolutions to lose weight and improve their health. I truly believe that joining a Slimming World group is the best way for people to lose weight, learn new habits and improve their lifestyle.”
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Andre set up his own foundation with Cancer Research UK – the Peter Andre Fund – after losing his brother to cancer, and said he was thrilled to meet the pair at the awards night.
He said: “I met so many incredible people who had lost amazing amounts of weight and transformed themselves – inside and out.
“While each of them was inspirational in their own special way, the one thing they all had in common was how much they felt they owed to their ‘Slimming World family’ in helping them to do things they always dreamed of and become the people they’ve always wanted to be.”
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk to find your nearest group.