Gunsmith to tell tales of time on Antiques Road Show at Beccles Society’s upcoming meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A community group focused on promoting and preserving the unique character of Beccles is set to hold its annual general meeting.
The Beccles Society’s AGM will take place in Hungate Church Hall, in Hungate Lane, on Wednesday, April 11 at 7pm.
Chairman Paul Fletcher said: “If you haven’t attended before, we hold Society business first then have a short break with refreshments supplied.
This year our Speaker after the interval will be Robert Tilney, your local gunsmith, who has appeared regularly on the Antiques Road Show.
“We understand that he will be talking about some of his experiences and his talk is therefore entitled ‘Stories from the Antiques Road Show’.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fletcher added: “Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting so bring your friends and colleagues.
“Voting for officers of the executive committee takes place during the first part of the meeting and any proposals for membership of this committee may be submitted to the chairman before the AGM commences.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney