Gunsmith to tell tales of time on Antiques Road Show at Beccles Society’s upcoming meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A community group focused on promoting and preserving the unique character of Beccles is set to hold its annual general meeting.
The Beccles Society’s AGM will take place in Hungate Church Hall, in Hungate Lane, on Wednesday, April 11 at 7pm.
Chairman Paul Fletcher said: “If you haven’t attended before, we hold Society business first then have a short break with refreshments supplied.
This year our Speaker after the interval will be Robert Tilney, your local gunsmith, who has appeared regularly on the Antiques Road Show.
“We understand that he will be talking about some of his experiences and his talk is therefore entitled ‘Stories from the Antiques Road Show’.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fletcher added: “Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting so bring your friends and colleagues.
“Voting for officers of the executive committee takes place during the first part of the meeting and any proposals for membership of this committee may be submitted to the chairman before the AGM commences.”
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight