Gunsmith to tell tales of time on Antiques Road Show at Beccles Society’s upcoming meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A community group focused on promoting and preserving the unique character of Beccles is set to hold its annual general meeting.
The Beccles Society’s AGM will take place in Hungate Church Hall, in Hungate Lane, on Wednesday, April 11 at 7pm.
Chairman Paul Fletcher said: “If you haven’t attended before, we hold Society business first then have a short break with refreshments supplied.
This year our Speaker after the interval will be Robert Tilney, your local gunsmith, who has appeared regularly on the Antiques Road Show.
“We understand that he will be talking about some of his experiences and his talk is therefore entitled ‘Stories from the Antiques Road Show’.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Fletcher added: “Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting so bring your friends and colleagues.
“Voting for officers of the executive committee takes place during the first part of the meeting and any proposals for membership of this committee may be submitted to the chairman before the AGM commences.”
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47