Arts club to host demonstration by Wenhaston artist during latest meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular arts club is encouraging members of the public to join long-time members at its latest monthly meeting.
Beccles Society of Artists (BSA) will be hosting a demonstration by Wenhaston artist Wil Harvey at the Waveney Centre in Beccles on Wednesday, April 4.
Mr Harvey works predominately with ink but will also be using watercolours during the meeting.
A BSA spokesman said: “Wil particularly enjoys painting en plein air, working in a loose, energetic style.
“He describes in drawing as his ‘default mode’ and tries to capture a feeling of spontaneity and energy – leaving as much as possible to the imagination of the viewer.”
You may also want to watch:
BSA meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Waveney Centre for talks and demonstrations by professional artists or other experts in art.
Entry to the demonstration is free for members and £3 for visitors
More information about Beccles Society of Artists, including upcoming events and how to join can be found at www.becclesartists.co.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 7 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough
- 9 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 10 Award-winning Suffolk farm announces first ever pop-up restaurant