Arts club to host demonstration by Wenhaston artist during latest meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular arts club is encouraging members of the public to join long-time members at its latest monthly meeting.
Beccles Society of Artists (BSA) will be hosting a demonstration by Wenhaston artist Wil Harvey at the Waveney Centre in Beccles on Wednesday, April 4.
Mr Harvey works predominately with ink but will also be using watercolours during the meeting.
A BSA spokesman said: “Wil particularly enjoys painting en plein air, working in a loose, energetic style.
“He describes in drawing as his ‘default mode’ and tries to capture a feeling of spontaneity and energy – leaving as much as possible to the imagination of the viewer.”
You may also want to watch:
BSA meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Waveney Centre for talks and demonstrations by professional artists or other experts in art.
Entry to the demonstration is free for members and £3 for visitors
More information about Beccles Society of Artists, including upcoming events and how to join can be found at www.becclesartists.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist