Arts club to host demonstration by Wenhaston artist during latest meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular arts club is encouraging members of the public to join long-time members at its latest monthly meeting.
Beccles Society of Artists (BSA) will be hosting a demonstration by Wenhaston artist Wil Harvey at the Waveney Centre in Beccles on Wednesday, April 4.
Mr Harvey works predominately with ink but will also be using watercolours during the meeting.
A BSA spokesman said: “Wil particularly enjoys painting en plein air, working in a loose, energetic style.
“He describes in drawing as his ‘default mode’ and tries to capture a feeling of spontaneity and energy – leaving as much as possible to the imagination of the viewer.”
You may also want to watch:
BSA meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Waveney Centre for talks and demonstrations by professional artists or other experts in art.
Entry to the demonstration is free for members and £3 for visitors
More information about Beccles Society of Artists, including upcoming events and how to join can be found at www.becclesartists.co.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143