Church to host four-day flower festival with celebrations theme
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A flower festival with the theme ‘celebrations’ will be held at a Beccles church this week.
St Michael’s Church will be hosting the event from Friday, June 15, to Monday, June 18, with each flower display marking a different type of celebration.
Rector Revd Rich Henderson said: “A large number of people are working hard to put on a great event and we look forward to welcoming visitors to St Michael’s.”
Refreshments will be available throughout the festival and a number of special events are also being held.
The flower festival will run from 10am to 4pm on Friday, followed by a Parish Variety Night at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, the festival will run from 10am to 4pm, with the Wrentham Band in concert at 7.30pm. Tickets are £8.
On Sunday, there will be Festival Songs of Praise at 10.30am, with the festival open from noon to 4pm. That night, at 7pm, Searchlight Theatre Company presents ‘Would You Adam and Eve It’, with tickets at £10.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
The flower festival will again open on Monday at 10am, coming to a close at 4pm.
Tickets are available on the door.