Beccles Town Football Club kicks off public appeal to make 3G pitch plans a reality
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town Football Club has appealed to the public as it looks to make one final push to fund an ambitious new facility.
Through promised grant funding the club has already raised £480,000 towards the addition of a full-sized 3G pitch at The Nest off Common Lane South - a project the club unveiled in May.
The aim is to create an all-weather pitch to maximise the amount of time youngsters can play football, as well as being available for community use.
And now the club is turning to local businesses and the community as it looks to generate the final third of the project’s cost.
With the total cost of the pitch, its floodlighting and additional features reaching the £650,000 mark, the club is still in need of support to make the vision become a reality.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Jermey, senior club chairman, said: “The need for improved football facilities locally was identified by the Football Association some years ago, and Beccles Town Football Club has since then been pursuing the project and, importantly, how to make it a reality.”
The club has earned the backing of the Suffolk FA, Beccles Town Council and Waveney MP Peter Aldous and has now launched a variety of ways to support the project.
- 1 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 2 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 3 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 4 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 5 Pub staff 'run off their feet' during Euros campaign
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
- 10 Newcastle Falcons rugby star's new role at Norfolk school
Businesses can provide support through three levels of sponsorship - priced at £5,000, £10,000 and £15,000 respectively - while members of the public can pledge their own donations.
Richard Neal, Suffolk FA chief executive, said: “We are pleased to support Beccles Town with the application to build a new 3G football pitch and look forward to working with the committee to continue to provide footballing opportunities in the surrounding area.”
Mr Aldous added: “I am very pleased to support this important project that will serve the local area.
“There is a need to provide more and improved parks, open spaces and sporting facilities in the area and this will enable access from a broader mix of users and from further afield.”
The club has submitted a planning application for the facility to Waveney District Council, which is reliant on the final third of funds being secured - as well as permission being granted.
Those wishing to support the project can contact Mr Jermey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07900576165.
Further details of the project and a link to a supporter pledge line can be found at www.becclestownfc.org.uk