Beccles Town Football Club kicks off public appeal to make 3G pitch plans a reality
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town Football Club has appealed to the public as it looks to make one final push to fund an ambitious new facility.
Through promised grant funding the club has already raised £480,000 towards the addition of a full-sized 3G pitch at The Nest off Common Lane South - a project the club unveiled in May.
The aim is to create an all-weather pitch to maximise the amount of time youngsters can play football, as well as being available for community use.
And now the club is turning to local businesses and the community as it looks to generate the final third of the project’s cost.
With the total cost of the pitch, its floodlighting and additional features reaching the £650,000 mark, the club is still in need of support to make the vision become a reality.
Mark Jermey, senior club chairman, said: “The need for improved football facilities locally was identified by the Football Association some years ago, and Beccles Town Football Club has since then been pursuing the project and, importantly, how to make it a reality.”
The club has earned the backing of the Suffolk FA, Beccles Town Council and Waveney MP Peter Aldous and has now launched a variety of ways to support the project.
- 1 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 2 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 7 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 10 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
Businesses can provide support through three levels of sponsorship - priced at £5,000, £10,000 and £15,000 respectively - while members of the public can pledge their own donations.
Richard Neal, Suffolk FA chief executive, said: “We are pleased to support Beccles Town with the application to build a new 3G football pitch and look forward to working with the committee to continue to provide footballing opportunities in the surrounding area.”
Mr Aldous added: “I am very pleased to support this important project that will serve the local area.
“There is a need to provide more and improved parks, open spaces and sporting facilities in the area and this will enable access from a broader mix of users and from further afield.”
The club has submitted a planning application for the facility to Waveney District Council, which is reliant on the final third of funds being secured - as well as permission being granted.
Those wishing to support the project can contact Mr Jermey at email@example.com or call 07900576165.
Further details of the project and a link to a supporter pledge line can be found at www.becclestownfc.org.uk