Driver’s ‘selfish parking’ leaves town centre gridlocked
- Credit: Archant
Motorists were left frustrated by town centre gridlock following a driver’s “selfish parking”.
Border Bus issued an apology to passengers waiting to leave Beccles for Southwold yesterday afternoon after a car parked on the corner of New Market and Market Street, beside the Co-operative Food store.
The position of the car left the bus with little room for manoeuvre and meant traffic remained virtually stationary for almost a quarter of an hour.
Border Bus tweeted: “Apologies to the people waiting for the 146 bus due to leave Beccles at 1313 to go to Southwold.
“But due to selfish parking in Beccles the bus was stuck causing gridlock for nearly 15 mins.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public were quick to criticise the driver, with Mark Rowe tweeting: “How do some people live with themselves? Selfish beyond belief.”
In sympathy with the bus company, Tim Miller said: “I know how you feel. I have expressed my feelings at that very same position”, while Lindsay Blankley added: “Unfortunately idiots often seem to park there without thinking that the bus might need to get round the corner.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 10 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date