Driver’s ‘selfish parking’ leaves town centre gridlocked
- Credit: Archant
Motorists were left frustrated by town centre gridlock following a driver’s “selfish parking”.
Border Bus issued an apology to passengers waiting to leave Beccles for Southwold yesterday afternoon after a car parked on the corner of New Market and Market Street, beside the Co-operative Food store.
The position of the car left the bus with little room for manoeuvre and meant traffic remained virtually stationary for almost a quarter of an hour.
Border Bus tweeted: “Apologies to the people waiting for the 146 bus due to leave Beccles at 1313 to go to Southwold.
“But due to selfish parking in Beccles the bus was stuck causing gridlock for nearly 15 mins.”
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public were quick to criticise the driver, with Mark Rowe tweeting: “How do some people live with themselves? Selfish beyond belief.”
In sympathy with the bus company, Tim Miller said: “I know how you feel. I have expressed my feelings at that very same position”, while Lindsay Blankley added: “Unfortunately idiots often seem to park there without thinking that the bus might need to get round the corner.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives