Beer festival to raise funds for new community centre in Bungay
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A beer festival is being held to raise funds for a new community centre in Bungay.
The event is being organised by Jack Hamps of The Queen’s Head in Earsham, and will be held at the Honeypot Community Centre in Lower Olland Street, Bungay, on Saturday, March 11.
There will be a choice of 12 real ales as well as soft drinks and light snacks throughout the day. The McGuilty Brothers will be performing and John Groom is providing a hog roast from 5pm.
The event will start at noon and will continue until the beer runs out or the music stops.
And if it is a success, there will be similar events held in the future, with the trustees also making plans for fundraisers throughout the year including an Antiques Roadshow. More details will be available soon.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with ideas or who would like to help organise events can contact chairman Judy Cloke on 01986 894653.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 3 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
- 4 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 5 Gala Day organisers take 'difficult decision' to cancel popular event
- 6 Coastal businesses affected by footbridge closure to receive share of £5k a month
- 7 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 8 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 9 Live the good life: Listed farmhouse for sale for £700,000 after renovation
- 10 Latitude 2021: More acts announced as director vows festival will go ahead