Beer festival to raise funds for new community centre in Bungay
- Credit: Archant © 2009
A beer festival is being held to raise funds for a new community centre in Bungay.
The event is being organised by Jack Hamps of The Queen’s Head in Earsham, and will be held at the Honeypot Community Centre in Lower Olland Street, Bungay, on Saturday, March 11.
There will be a choice of 12 real ales as well as soft drinks and light snacks throughout the day. The McGuilty Brothers will be performing and John Groom is providing a hog roast from 5pm.
The event will start at noon and will continue until the beer runs out or the music stops.
And if it is a success, there will be similar events held in the future, with the trustees also making plans for fundraisers throughout the year including an Antiques Roadshow. More details will be available soon.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with ideas or who would like to help organise events can contact chairman Judy Cloke on 01986 894653.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail