Behind the scenes look at pharmacy
A BEHIND the scenes look at James Paget University Hospital's pharmacy department will soon be on offer.The guided tour will show where pharmacists check prescriptions for clinical appropriateness and discuss treatment options with doctors and nurses.
A BEHIND the scenes look at James Paget University Hospital's pharmacy department will soon be on offer.
The guided tour will show where pharmacists check prescriptions for clinical appropriateness and discuss treatment options with doctors and nurses.
The tour will also inform visitors about how medication for patients is dispensed on the wards, with staff loading the robots and programming them to pick orders.
The hospital will open its doors on March 15 and 17 from 6.30pm for the guided tours. They will run every 30 minutes until 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
David Todd, chief pharmacist, will give an insight into careers in hospital pharmacy and the part staff play in providing acute healthcare.
Helen Denny, senior pharmacy technician at the trust, said: “The Pharmacy will be open to anyone who has an interest in a career in pharmacy, or healthcare science, or anyone who is interested in what goes on behind the scenes in the department.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
Anyone wishing to take up this opportunity must book a place by calling 01493 453931.
The event is being held as part of Healthcare Science Week 2010, which runs from March 12-21 and raises awareness of careers available in healthcare sciences.