Behind the scenes look at pharmacy
A BEHIND the scenes look at James Paget University Hospital's pharmacy department will soon be on offer.The guided tour will show where pharmacists check prescriptions for clinical appropriateness and discuss treatment options with doctors and nurses.
A BEHIND the scenes look at James Paget University Hospital's pharmacy department will soon be on offer.
The guided tour will show where pharmacists check prescriptions for clinical appropriateness and discuss treatment options with doctors and nurses.
The tour will also inform visitors about how medication for patients is dispensed on the wards, with staff loading the robots and programming them to pick orders.
The hospital will open its doors on March 15 and 17 from 6.30pm for the guided tours. They will run every 30 minutes until 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
David Todd, chief pharmacist, will give an insight into careers in hospital pharmacy and the part staff play in providing acute healthcare.
Helen Denny, senior pharmacy technician at the trust, said: “The Pharmacy will be open to anyone who has an interest in a career in pharmacy, or healthcare science, or anyone who is interested in what goes on behind the scenes in the department.”
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
Anyone wishing to take up this opportunity must book a place by calling 01493 453931.
The event is being held as part of Healthcare Science Week 2010, which runs from March 12-21 and raises awareness of careers available in healthcare sciences.