Bergh Apton model to appear on Come Dine With Me
A MODEL from Bergh Apton will appear on the popular television programme Come Dine With Me tonight when it visits Norwich.
The show sees four home chefs and complete strangers battle it out for the title of ultimate dinner party host, with a �1,000 prize on offer to add some spice to the proceedings.
The Norwich episode, which airs on Channel 4 tonight, features ultra-confident Sam Smith, who is positive he has the winning menu, and glamour model Polly Guy, who is out to prove that she is more than just a pretty face.
The other two contestants are no-nonsense nutritionist Caroline Seamen and bank manager and part-time DJ Richard Pearce.
Miss Guy said she was inspired to go on the show to try to change people’s preconceptions of glamour models.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s a programme which has got a cult following and it’s on all the time and I’d always thought that I could do that.
“You go on hoping that you will get on with the others, have a bit of entertainment and some fun, and of course there’s also a thousand pounds at stake.”
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Roads to close overnight for roundabout resurfacing
- 3 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 6 Cause for optimism in Norfolk as Delta variant Covid cases remain low
- 7 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 8 Town's Pride picnic postponed following restrictions delay
- 9 New headteacher unveiled for town's high school
- 10 'Everyone recognises me now' - Plant continues to grow at rapid rate
The 29-year-old said she was under no illusions why she was selected to take part and that she thinks she was chosen as the “wild card” contestant, but said she hopes she will come across well in the programme.
She said: “I am nervous about seeing it I suppose, because at the end of the day they can cut and edit it how they want to.
“You can be on your best behaviour for 95pc of the time, but it could the other 5pc they show.”
Come Dine With Me is at 8pm tonight on Channel 4.