Nursery children take part in charity wiggle walk
- Credit: Archant
Children at Big Sky Nursery in Beccles really got a wiggle on when they decided to raise money for charity.
The babies and toddlers recently took part in a sponsored walk, creating caterpillars from craft materials, dressing up in red and green for a day to look like the Hungry Caterpillar from the well-known children’s book, and their mums joined with the nursery staff to hold a cake sale.
The series of events raised a total of £218 for Action for Children.
The nursery’s half a mile Wiggle Walk included a bit of train spotting on Beccles railway bridge and hunting for caterpillars along The Avenue.
Big Sky Nursery’s manager Leanne Clarke said: “Each year we raise money for a children’s charity and this year we chose the Giant Wiggle because we knew the children would have a lot of fun wiggling and giggling their way through the week. We’re really grateful to their parents and carers too for getting into the spirit and making it such a success.”
You may also want to watch:
Action for Children stages a national Giant Wiggle every year to raise money to help disadvantaged children across the UK.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor