Blaze breaks out at restaurant
Fire crews from four stations were called out to a blaze that broke out at a restaurant yesterday.
Fire crews from four stations were called out to a blaze that broke out at a restaurant in Bungay town centre yesterday.
Firefighters were called to attend the fire at the Bahn Thai restaurant on Earsham Street at shortly before 2.20pm.
A spokesman from Suffolk fire service said the fire was believed to be contained in the first floor storage room and that the second floor was heavily smoke-logged.
Crews from Bungay, Beccles, Halesworth and Harleston in Norfolk were called to the scene, as was the hydraulic platform from Earlham and the command support vehicle from Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that the building, a three-storey terrace, was evacuated and that by 3.15pm crews had brought the fire under control.
A Suffolk police spokesman said one person was treated for smoke inhalation and that the fire was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message