Blaze breaks out at restaurant
Fire crews from four stations were called out to a blaze that broke out at a restaurant yesterday.
Fire crews from four stations were called out to a blaze that broke out at a restaurant in Bungay town centre yesterday.
Firefighters were called to attend the fire at the Bahn Thai restaurant on Earsham Street at shortly before 2.20pm.
A spokesman from Suffolk fire service said the fire was believed to be contained in the first floor storage room and that the second floor was heavily smoke-logged.
Crews from Bungay, Beccles, Halesworth and Harleston in Norfolk were called to the scene, as was the hydraulic platform from Earlham and the command support vehicle from Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that the building, a three-storey terrace, was evacuated and that by 3.15pm crews had brought the fire under control.
A Suffolk police spokesman said one person was treated for smoke inhalation and that the fire was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed