Blaze breaks out at restaurant
Fire crews from four stations were called out to a blaze that broke out at a restaurant yesterday.
Fire crews from four stations were called out to a blaze that broke out at a restaurant in Bungay town centre yesterday.
Firefighters were called to attend the fire at the Bahn Thai restaurant on Earsham Street at shortly before 2.20pm.
A spokesman from Suffolk fire service said the fire was believed to be contained in the first floor storage room and that the second floor was heavily smoke-logged.
Crews from Bungay, Beccles, Halesworth and Harleston in Norfolk were called to the scene, as was the hydraulic platform from Earlham and the command support vehicle from Bungay.
The spokesman said that the building, a three-storey terrace, was evacuated and that by 3.15pm crews had brought the fire under control.
A Suffolk police spokesman said one person was treated for smoke inhalation and that the fire was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition