Main route into town closed for gas works
- Credit: Nick Butcher
One of the main roads leading into Beccles town centre has closed in order for gas connection works to take place.
Cadent, formally known as National Grid, started work in Blyburgate today and are expected to finish by Friday, January 19.
A Cadent spokesman said: “We are currently carrying out gas connections work in Blyburgate, Beccles.
“This important work involves laying a new gas service pipe which will enable more people to connect to the gas network.
“To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently this section of road is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
“A diversion via Peddars Lane and London Road has been agreed with the local authority.”
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital