Main route into town closed for gas works
- Credit: Nick Butcher
One of the main roads leading into Beccles town centre has closed in order for gas connection works to take place.
Cadent, formally known as National Grid, started work in Blyburgate today and are expected to finish by Friday, January 19.
A Cadent spokesman said: “We are currently carrying out gas connections work in Blyburgate, Beccles.
“This important work involves laying a new gas service pipe which will enable more people to connect to the gas network.
“To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently this section of road is currently closed.
“We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
“A diversion via Peddars Lane and London Road has been agreed with the local authority.”
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 8 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 9 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition
- 10 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion