Main route into town closed for gas works
- Credit: Nick Butcher
One of the main roads leading into Beccles town centre has closed in order for gas connection works to take place.
Cadent, formally known as National Grid, started work in Blyburgate today and are expected to finish by Friday, January 19.
A Cadent spokesman said: “We are currently carrying out gas connections work in Blyburgate, Beccles.
“This important work involves laying a new gas service pipe which will enable more people to connect to the gas network.
“To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently this section of road is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
“A diversion via Peddars Lane and London Road has been agreed with the local authority.”
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas