Main route into town closed for gas works
- Credit: Nick Butcher
One of the main roads leading into Beccles town centre has closed in order for gas connection works to take place.
Cadent, formally known as National Grid, started work in Blyburgate today and are expected to finish by Friday, January 19.
A Cadent spokesman said: “We are currently carrying out gas connections work in Blyburgate, Beccles.
“This important work involves laying a new gas service pipe which will enable more people to connect to the gas network.
“To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently this section of road is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
“A diversion via Peddars Lane and London Road has been agreed with the local authority.”
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message