17-year-old girl remains in critical condition after crash
- Credit: PA
A 17-year-old girl remains in a critical condition after being involved in a serious crash between a car and a van.
Emergency services were called to a two-vehicle collision on the B1123 in Blyford, near Halesworth, at around 4.45pm yesterday.
A silver Vauxhall Corsa had been in collision with a silver Renault Trafic van.
The rear-seat passenger of the Corsa, a 17-year-old girl, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, having sustained life-threatening injuries.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said a doctor and paramedic monitored and assessed her throughout the journey to Addenbrooke’s.
You may also want to watch:
Three other people who had been travelling in the Corsa were taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, to be checked over.
The road was closed for several hours while a collision investigation took place and reopened at 11pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 248 of February 8.