17-year-old girl remains in critical condition after crash
- Credit: PA
A 17-year-old girl remains in a critical condition after being involved in a serious crash between a car and a van.
Emergency services were called to a two-vehicle collision on the B1123 in Blyford, near Halesworth, at around 4.45pm yesterday.
A silver Vauxhall Corsa had been in collision with a silver Renault Trafic van.
The rear-seat passenger of the Corsa, a 17-year-old girl, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, having sustained life-threatening injuries.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said a doctor and paramedic monitored and assessed her throughout the journey to Addenbrooke’s.
You may also want to watch:
Three other people who had been travelling in the Corsa were taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, to be checked over.
The road was closed for several hours while a collision investigation took place and reopened at 11pm.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Welcome to our new website
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Roads Policing and Firearms Operations Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 248 of February 8.