Bombles donate litter pick funds to Beccles skate park project
- Credit: Archant
Community litter picking group the Bombles have donated a cheque for £200 towards the campaign to build a new skate park in Beccles.
The money was awarded to the Bombles as part of the ‘Love East Suffolk’ litter pick scheme by Suffolk Coastal and Waveney District Councils, which aimed to encourage more groups to get involved in taking care of their environment.
Each participating group received a £20 reward and were then entered into a draw to win £200 for the benefit of their community. The Bombles were one of the nine groups picked in the draw, and decided to donate the funds to help build a new £150,000 skate park in Beccles.
Bombles founder Caroline Topping said: “Waveney Norse lend us all the equipment so we don’t need any money, so we thought if we get it we will give it to the skate park.”
Fellow Bomble Trevor Bryer said: “It’s one of the areas where we pick and the young people make a real effort to keep it clean. They always say thank you and there is a real sense of appreciation.”
You may also want to watch:
The rewards were funded through the district councils’ partner organisation Norse.
Ashley Lever, skate park committee treasurer, said: “Every bit of money we get is crucial and we are really appreciative. The thing that makes it really special is it shows the support of the community for what we are doing.”
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
Bombles who would like to visit Waveney District Council’s waste disposal facility in Lowestoft on December 13 are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.