Bowls club in Loddon welcomes new green
- Credit: Mike Mansfield
A new green has opened up for avid bowls players in a market town.
Loddon Swan Bowls Club opened their green on Saturday, April 15.
Members of the club proudly wore their new shirts which were partly funded by The Swan pub.
The opening was then followed up by the traditional “roll-up” and refreshments were also provided by the pub.
The Loddon Swan Bowls Club welcomes spectators as well as new members both young and old, with or without bowling experience.
You may also want to watch:
The green will be open for club competititions on Saturday, April 22 at 2.30pm, Tuesday, April 25 at 6.45pm, and Friday, April 28 at 2pm.
Those who are interested are welcome to attend, watch and enjoy the club’s bowling green.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 8 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
Practice sessions will take place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons at 2pm. Those who are interested in joining or for further home match information should contact 01508 528289.