Boy taken to hospital after fall
A TEENAGE boy was taken to hospital after falling into a deep pit.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to the pit in Southwold Road, Holton, shortly before 8pm on Thursday.
The 15-year-old boy had fallen from a tree swing which was above a 15-foot gravel pit, which is believed to have led to him suffering a back injury.
One fire engine from Halesworth, an emergency rescue tender from Lowestoft and a communications vehicle from Beccles attended the scene, along with two specialist teams from Bungay and Felixstowe.
The boy was taken from the pit using a stretcher and taken to hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
He is not believed to be seriously injured.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash