Boy taken to hospital after fall
A TEENAGE boy was taken to hospital after falling into a deep pit.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to the pit in Southwold Road, Holton, shortly before 8pm on Thursday.
The 15-year-old boy had fallen from a tree swing which was above a 15-foot gravel pit, which is believed to have led to him suffering a back injury.
One fire engine from Halesworth, an emergency rescue tender from Lowestoft and a communications vehicle from Beccles attended the scene, along with two specialist teams from Bungay and Felixstowe.
The boy was taken from the pit using a stretcher and taken to hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
He is not believed to be seriously injured.
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 3 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home