Bride surprises guests with arrival
BRIDE-to-be Michelle Womack was determined to make a grand entrance on her big day.The 24-year-old surprised her guests on Saturday when she arrived at her wedding in a breakdown rescue vehicle.
BRIDE-to-be Michelle Womack was determined to make a grand entrance on her big day.
The 24-year-old surprised her guests on Saturday when she arrived at her wedding in a breakdown rescue vehicle.
The colourful truck, decorated with flowers, ribbons and bows, dropped Michelle off at the service, at St Margaret's Church, in Hempnall, and then whisked her and her new husband Simon Hinsley, 31, to their reception at Hempnall Village Hall.
The vehicle was driven by Tony Le-May, managing director of Delmonte Garage, in Norwich, where Simon works as a mechanic.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, Simon also made a stylish arrival at the church in an Aston Martin DB9.
Michelle, an early years practitioner at a children's nursery, said she wanted to do something unusual for the special occasion.
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Speaking just before the big day, she said: “I was looking for cars and I wanted to do something different so I asked Delmonte if I could go on one of their trucks.
“A few people know about it, but a lot don't so I think it's going to be quite a shock. I'm really excited about it.”
The couple, who live in Harleston, had been engaged for four years having met about seven years ago. They are heading to Cornwall for their honeymoon.