Bride surprises guests with arrival
BRIDE-to-be Michelle Womack was determined to make a grand entrance on her big day.The 24-year-old surprised her guests on Saturday when she arrived at her wedding in a breakdown rescue vehicle.
BRIDE-to-be Michelle Womack was determined to make a grand entrance on her big day.
The 24-year-old surprised her guests on Saturday when she arrived at her wedding in a breakdown rescue vehicle.
The colourful truck, decorated with flowers, ribbons and bows, dropped Michelle off at the service, at St Margaret's Church, in Hempnall, and then whisked her and her new husband Simon Hinsley, 31, to their reception at Hempnall Village Hall.
The vehicle was driven by Tony Le-May, managing director of Delmonte Garage, in Norwich, where Simon works as a mechanic.
Not to be outdone, Simon also made a stylish arrival at the church in an Aston Martin DB9.
Michelle, an early years practitioner at a children's nursery, said she wanted to do something unusual for the special occasion.
- 1 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 3 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 4 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
Speaking just before the big day, she said: “I was looking for cars and I wanted to do something different so I asked Delmonte if I could go on one of their trucks.
“A few people know about it, but a lot don't so I think it's going to be quite a shock. I'm really excited about it.”
The couple, who live in Harleston, had been engaged for four years having met about seven years ago. They are heading to Cornwall for their honeymoon.