Bride surprises guests with arrival
BRIDE-to-be Michelle Womack was determined to make a grand entrance on her big day.The 24-year-old surprised her guests on Saturday when she arrived at her wedding in a breakdown rescue vehicle.
BRIDE-to-be Michelle Womack was determined to make a grand entrance on her big day.
The 24-year-old surprised her guests on Saturday when she arrived at her wedding in a breakdown rescue vehicle.
The colourful truck, decorated with flowers, ribbons and bows, dropped Michelle off at the service, at St Margaret's Church, in Hempnall, and then whisked her and her new husband Simon Hinsley, 31, to their reception at Hempnall Village Hall.
The vehicle was driven by Tony Le-May, managing director of Delmonte Garage, in Norwich, where Simon works as a mechanic.
You may also want to watch:
Not to be outdone, Simon also made a stylish arrival at the church in an Aston Martin DB9.
Michelle, an early years practitioner at a children's nursery, said she wanted to do something unusual for the special occasion.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 1960s music night to raise hospital funds
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Damaged opiate vials at hospital 'likely a manufacturing fault'
Speaking just before the big day, she said: “I was looking for cars and I wanted to do something different so I asked Delmonte if I could go on one of their trucks.
“A few people know about it, but a lot don't so I think it's going to be quite a shock. I'm really excited about it.”
The couple, who live in Harleston, had been engaged for four years having met about seven years ago. They are heading to Cornwall for their honeymoon.