The festive season begins: Bungay Christmas Street Market
- Credit: Archant
The town’s Annual Christmas Street Market will take place this weekend, ahead of the bustling festive season.
Food, drink, home wares and gift stalls will line Earsham Street in Bungay this Sunday (December 2).
Visitors are expected cascade down the shopping strip for the special festive event to support local and handmade products.
On the day, there will be live music on the Butter Cross as well as acts inside the church. As well as live music, entertainment will be provided by characters from the Fisher Theatre’s 2018 panto - Aladdin.
Since the closure of the bank, stalls are offering card payments for their business.
You may also want to watch:
Didy Ward, BEBA’s Chair, said: “We tried to have a mobile ATM machine in the town on the day, but sadly that would have involved a cost per cash withdrawal to the customer. We did a quick survey on social media to find out if people would be prepared to pay £1.50 to withdraw their cash and the answer was a resounding no and as BEBA doesn’t have the funding to pay over £1,700 for it we sadly also had to say no,” she said.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom