Waveney town named among best places to live in Britain
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk town has been selected in a national newspaper’s guide on Britain’s best places to live.
Bungay is one of 12 locations in the East of England to be included in the Sunday Times Best Places to Live 2018 list, with the Waveney town highlighted for its quaint markets, local produce and charm.
Suffolk is further represented by Hadleigh, Orford and Woodbridge, while Chelmsford in Essex has been named as the best place to live in the region as a whole.
The newspaper supplement assessed a range of factors when compiling the list, from jobs, schools and broadband speed to culture, community spirit and shops.
Numerous statistics were examined, but the methodology also drew on the knowledge of the Sunday Times’ expert panel of judges, who combined their on-the-ground experience with the hard data to come to a rounded verdict.
You may also want to watch:
The overall best place in the UK will be announced in the full guide, published on Sunday.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight