Waveney town named among best places to live in Britain
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk town has been selected in a national newspaper’s guide on Britain’s best places to live.
Bungay is one of 12 locations in the East of England to be included in the Sunday Times Best Places to Live 2018 list, with the Waveney town highlighted for its quaint markets, local produce and charm.
Suffolk is further represented by Hadleigh, Orford and Woodbridge, while Chelmsford in Essex has been named as the best place to live in the region as a whole.
The newspaper supplement assessed a range of factors when compiling the list, from jobs, schools and broadband speed to culture, community spirit and shops.
Numerous statistics were examined, but the methodology also drew on the knowledge of the Sunday Times’ expert panel of judges, who combined their on-the-ground experience with the hard data to come to a rounded verdict.
You may also want to watch:
The overall best place in the UK will be announced in the full guide, published on Sunday.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed