Runners and their dogs take part in fun run
- Credit: Archant
Hardy dogs and their owners took part in a chilly Boxing Day fun run.
At Bungay Common near Old Railway Road nearly 60 runners and their pets took part in the annual Boxing Day Groggy Doggy cross country run.
Across the other races, including the junior section, nearly 300 people competed.
The races were started by the town reeve Stephen Went and those in the main race were soon making a colourful ribbon around the banks of the River Waveney in bright sunshine, in muddy conditions.
They completed two laps of the picturesque course, about five miles in all, while those with dogs completed one lap.
You may also want to watch:
Many took part in fancy dress with a fair few Father Christmases about and there were prizes for the best dressed and the muddiest.
The race has been organised by the Bungay Black Dog Running Club for nearly 30 years.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 4 Welcome to our new website
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Missing pregnant woman found
- 9 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
Town mayor Mary Matthews presented the prizes at the end.