Runners and their dogs take part in fun run
- Credit: Archant
Hardy dogs and their owners took part in a chilly Boxing Day fun run.
At Bungay Common near Old Railway Road nearly 60 runners and their pets took part in the annual Boxing Day Groggy Doggy cross country run.
Across the other races, including the junior section, nearly 300 people competed.
The races were started by the town reeve Stephen Went and those in the main race were soon making a colourful ribbon around the banks of the River Waveney in bright sunshine, in muddy conditions.
They completed two laps of the picturesque course, about five miles in all, while those with dogs completed one lap.
You may also want to watch:
Many took part in fancy dress with a fair few Father Christmases about and there were prizes for the best dressed and the muddiest.
The race has been organised by the Bungay Black Dog Running Club for nearly 30 years.
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 5 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Footbridge connecting coastal towns to reopen after emergency repairs
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 10 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
Town mayor Mary Matthews presented the prizes at the end.