Bungay care home’s joy at top rating from watchdog
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A care home in Bungay is celebrating becoming only the second service in the whole of Suffolk to be graded as ‘outstanding’ by the industry’s watchdog.
Holmwood Residential Home in Upper Olland Street is also the first in Waveney to be given the rating in the new style of inspections carried out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The report particularly praised the service for being effective, caring and well-led, and gave it an overall outstanding rating following an unannounced inspection earlier this year.
In the newly-published report, inspectors said: “The service provided outstanding care to people which was continually reviewed to ensure the best possible outcomes.
“People, staff, relatives and professionals were extremely complimentary about the service and what it provided.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors said the care given to the home’s 30 residents was “dignified and respectful” and praised its use of staff champions - where employees had extra training in areas such as falls, diabetes and medication.
The report also said: “Staff knew people well, and people appeared relaxed in their company. Staff were highly motivated to provide care that was kind and compassionate.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 10 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
Manager Sandra O’Grady said: “I feel like we have won a gold medal.
“Our being awarded ‘outstanding’ by the CQC recognises us as one of the best care providers in the country and as the manager of this service and part of a fantastic team, I am immensely proud of our collective achievement which I feel recognises the essence of the service that we deliver at Holmwood.”
Are you celebrating success after an inspection? Email email@example.com