Bungay charities need your vote for share of building society cash
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Three Bungay charities are set to get a share of £1,000 thanks to a new initiative by the Bungay branch of the Norwich and Peterborough (N&P) Building Society.
Staff at the branch in Market Place are kick-starting a campaign to help good causes by inviting people to call in and vote for their favourite of three charities to decide how the money should be split.
The charities in line for a cash boost are the Friends of Bungay Community Library, the Bungay branch of St John’s Ambulance and Earsham Playground Group.
The voting will open next Friday and run for two weeks. The number of votes received by each charity will determine the amount of money they receive, with £500 going to the charity in first place, £300 to second place and £200 to the third place.
Nigel Nicholls, manager of the Bungay branch of N&P, said: “We know how important our chosen three charities are to our local community so we’re delighted to be making a donation to help them continue their important work – just how much they receive though will be up to our customers and members of the public. In this campaign votes equal pounds so we hope as many people as possible will take a minute to pop in and make their vote count.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of £45,000 will be given away by the 45 N&P Building Society branches in the East Anglia region.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020