Bungay church friends set date for annual meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The annual general meeting of the Friends of St Mary’s Priory Church, Bungay, will be held on Monday, March 13.
Election of new officers and a report of the past year will be followed by refreshments, along with a power point presentation of recent events in the church and hopes for its future.
Everyone is welcome, members or not, and any new ideas for the use of the building will be given consideration and discussion.
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.
St Mary’s is a historic church owned by the Churches Conservation Trust, but managed and maintained by a small committee of Friends, who are overseeing an increasing programme of events, exhibitions, concerts and other bookings.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone willing to help with this programme in whatever capacity (stewards, greeters, arrangers, etc) will be welcomed by the committee to keep this important building in the middle of Bungay of use to the town.
- 1 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 2 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 3 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 6 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?