Bungay church friends set date for annual meeting
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The annual general meeting of the Friends of St Mary’s Priory Church, Bungay, will be held on Monday, March 13.
Election of new officers and a report of the past year will be followed by refreshments, along with a power point presentation of recent events in the church and hopes for its future.
Everyone is welcome, members or not, and any new ideas for the use of the building will be given consideration and discussion.
The meeting starts at 7.30pm.
St Mary’s is a historic church owned by the Churches Conservation Trust, but managed and maintained by a small committee of Friends, who are overseeing an increasing programme of events, exhibitions, concerts and other bookings.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone willing to help with this programme in whatever capacity (stewards, greeters, arrangers, etc) will be welcomed by the committee to keep this important building in the middle of Bungay of use to the town.
- 1 All the events at Beccles Public Hall this autumn
- 2 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 3 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 6 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 10 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge