Bungay Community Centre host a series of spring events to raise money for new site
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A full programme of fun spring events have been organised to raise vital funds for a new community centre in Bungay.
Bungay Community Centre trustees hope the activities will also inspire more regular use of the current Upper Olland Street site.
First up is the inaugural Bungay Community Cinema showing of ‘Hidden Figures’.
The Oscar-nominated film will appear at the centre at 7.45pm on Friday, April 6.
The following week, on Friday, April 13, a quiz night will be held in conjunction with Bungay Community Library.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets can be obtained at the library or by calling 01986 894 653.
The first of a series of monthly car boot sales scheduled for the third Saturday of each month will take place on Saturday, April 28 – to book a stall all 01986 896 452.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
On Friday, April 27, the River Hundred Folk Band and a licensed bar have been organised.
Tickets for the show, which starts at 7.45pm, cost £10 and can be purchased by calling 01968 894 653.