Free parking announced for Christmas shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Festive shoppers will be able to park in council-owned car parks for free this Christmas season in Bungay.
Bungay Town Council have announced free parking for Christmas shoppers at three car parks in the town.
The three selected carparks will be free for two hours on two separate days.
Wharton Street, Chaucer Street and Priory Lane carparks have all been named as the free-of-charge spaces.
On Saturday, December 15 these spaces will be free from 11am to 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
The following Saturday (December 22) will also be an allocated two hour free spot in the same time slot.
Jeremy Burton, Town Clerk said: “It’s something we can do to help the people and the shopkeepers in Bungay in the Christmas period.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
“We have two, two hour slots, it will save money and it is a good to attract people to the area for their shopping,” Mr Burton said.