Market town ‘open for business’ with council office and community centre reopening
- Credit: Archant
A town council will reopen their office and community centre next month, saying they are “open for business.”
Bungay Town Council are set to welcome visitors to their office in Broad Street and to the Riverside Community Centre from September 2 after months of closures following the coronavirus outbreak.
The council office reception area will open to the public between 10am and 1pm Monday to Fridays.
Signs will indicate visitors must wait and enter one at a time, unless they are from the same household, while face coverings will be made available to anyone who needs one and must be worn inside the building.
The Riverside Centre, located at The Staithe in Bungay, will also reopen from September 2, with up to 30 people allowed inside while following social distancing guidelines.
You may also want to watch:
Details of how to book the centre can be found on the town council website, or by calling 01986 894 236.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 9 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas