Ready, set, qauck! All bets are off for the great Bungay Duck Race
- Credit: Nick Butcher
You’ll be quackers to miss this event in a Waveney town this weekend.
The largest public event in Bungay’s festival celebration will take place this Sunday when the Great Bungay Duck Race starts on the River Waveney at Falcon Meadow.
Three races will take place, the cash prize-winning duckling descent of Bungay’s Weir, an 80 strong business-sponsored duck race, and a special race for children’s decorated Puddleducks.
The Puddleduck race will see youngsters from Bungay, Ditchingham and beyond customise their creations and make any final adjustments or decorate late entries at a special design centre tent on the meadow.
The event, from 12pm to 4pm, also features live music, donkey riding for kids, food for all, and a real ale supplied beer tent.
You may also want to watch:
More than 500 people are expected to attend with all proceeds going to The Falcon Meadow Community Trust to support their work securing the local beauty spot as a public amenity.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 5 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 6 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 7 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 8 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist