Vital funds raised for prized community theatre
- Credit: Archant
Valuable funds were raised for Bungay’s Fisher Theatre during an annual gala.
The Labour Summer Ball was staged at Bungay Golf Club last month - raising £400 for the Broad Street theatre in the process.
Deputy mayor Sue Collins said: “It provided a great opportunity to put on our glad rags, dance the night away with friends and neighbours whilst supporting our much loved Fisher Theatre.
“A surprise guest was Sandy Martin MP who combined attending the event with catching up with his friends and family who live in the area.”
Fisher Theatre trustee Sandra Cox explained why the event was so important for the community asset.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “This has been such a boost for us. Not just the money, which is much needed, but the support it showed for what we work hard to provide.
“We would like to express an enormous amount of thanks to all who helped in organising the event.”
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 7 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles