Club welcomes cyclists to join reliability ride
- Credit: Archant
Godric Cycling Club will be hosting its 50-mile reliability ride on Sunday, February 25.
Following a scenic circular route, riders will set off from the new venue of Ditchingham Village Hall, travelling through Wortwell and Chediston to Halesworth before heading towards Henham, on to Beccles, Haddiscoe and Loddon before returning back to Ditchingham.
Reliability rides are organised by many cycling clubs throughout the country, historically staged early in the year and intended to ensure both rider and cycle are in good condition for the season ahead.
Cyclists will depart in groups depending on their estimated time to complete the course. The first group with an expected finish time of four hours will set off at 8.30am, a further two groups will set off at 9am to finish in 3.5 hours and the final group will set off at 9.30am to finish in three hours or less.
There will be free refreshments in the village hall after the ride and mechanical support is being provided by Sam’s Bicycles.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to everyone, you don’t have to be a member of a club to take part, but you must be capable of completing the course within the allotted time. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Entry is £6 payable on the day and riders are asked to arrive in good time to register.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 10 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
Further information can be found on the club’s website at www.godriccc.co.uk or call John on 07990654364.