Club welcomes cyclists to join reliability ride
- Credit: Archant
Godric Cycling Club will be hosting its 50-mile reliability ride on Sunday, February 25.
Following a scenic circular route, riders will set off from the new venue of Ditchingham Village Hall, travelling through Wortwell and Chediston to Halesworth before heading towards Henham, on to Beccles, Haddiscoe and Loddon before returning back to Ditchingham.
Reliability rides are organised by many cycling clubs throughout the country, historically staged early in the year and intended to ensure both rider and cycle are in good condition for the season ahead.
Cyclists will depart in groups depending on their estimated time to complete the course. The first group with an expected finish time of four hours will set off at 8.30am, a further two groups will set off at 9am to finish in 3.5 hours and the final group will set off at 9.30am to finish in three hours or less.
There will be free refreshments in the village hall after the ride and mechanical support is being provided by Sam’s Bicycles.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to everyone, you don’t have to be a member of a club to take part, but you must be capable of completing the course within the allotted time. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Entry is £6 payable on the day and riders are asked to arrive in good time to register.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 ‘A true gentleman’ - Tributes paid to popular fish merchant, pub landlord and Freemason
- 10 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
Further information can be found on the club’s website at www.godriccc.co.uk or call John on 07990654364.