Club welcomes cyclists to join reliability ride
- Credit: Archant
Godric Cycling Club will be hosting its 50-mile reliability ride on Sunday, February 25.
Following a scenic circular route, riders will set off from the new venue of Ditchingham Village Hall, travelling through Wortwell and Chediston to Halesworth before heading towards Henham, on to Beccles, Haddiscoe and Loddon before returning back to Ditchingham.
Reliability rides are organised by many cycling clubs throughout the country, historically staged early in the year and intended to ensure both rider and cycle are in good condition for the season ahead.
Cyclists will depart in groups depending on their estimated time to complete the course. The first group with an expected finish time of four hours will set off at 8.30am, a further two groups will set off at 9am to finish in 3.5 hours and the final group will set off at 9.30am to finish in three hours or less.
There will be free refreshments in the village hall after the ride and mechanical support is being provided by Sam’s Bicycles.
You may also want to watch:
The event is open to everyone, you don’t have to be a member of a club to take part, but you must be capable of completing the course within the allotted time. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Entry is £6 payable on the day and riders are asked to arrive in good time to register.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
Further information can be found on the club’s website at www.godriccc.co.uk or call John on 07990654364.