Bungay goes ‘barking mad’ with new shop art trail
- Credit: Archant
Bungay has gone barking mad with an exciting new feature devised by the Black Dog Arts group.
Continuing this weekend and on Monday a pack of extraordinary dogs are invading shop windows as part of Go Barking in Bungay.
“Black Dog Arts decided to have an art trail with a difference this autumn, so we not only have dogs in windows but also our members’ art work inside which will be for sale.
Each dog has its own personality and its own story to tell and you will be invited to hunt down all 31 of them,” said a spokesman for the arts group.
To add extra interest under 14s are invited to find and name the dogs and there will be awards for the most original and apt name.
Over 14s and adults are invited to submit a short tale about one or more of the dogs.
There will be no red carpet at the award ceremony but there will be something “gold” for the winners.
- 1 Bungay Christmas street market to return this weekend
- 2 Time to vote for the Journal awards finalists
- 3 Garage forced open with mountain bikes stolen during burglary
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man taken to hospital after pedestrian struck by vehicle in north Suffolk
- 6 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 7 Is this your dog? Police look to reunite Labrador with owner
- 8 Booster vaccine clinics being held at town's pharmacy
- 9 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 10 Four fire crews called to bin lorry blaze in East Suffolk
You can pick up your entry form at any of the premises displaying a dog and these should be posted in the Black Dog Arts box in the Fisher Theatre, Broad Street.
It is also possible to become an owner of one of the dogs.
They will be re-homed during a grand auction to be held in the Gallery of the Fisher Theatre at noon on Sunday, December 7, the day of the Christmas Street Fair.
Commission bids can be submitted in advance if you cannot make the auction.
Sealed envelopes can be posted in the BDA box in the Fisher Theatre.
The award winners will also be announced following the auction.
All profits from the auction will go to the Bungay Area Community Transport Group.