Bungay goes ‘barking mad’ with new shop art trail
- Credit: Archant
Bungay has gone barking mad with an exciting new feature devised by the Black Dog Arts group.
Continuing this weekend and on Monday a pack of extraordinary dogs are invading shop windows as part of Go Barking in Bungay.
“Black Dog Arts decided to have an art trail with a difference this autumn, so we not only have dogs in windows but also our members’ art work inside which will be for sale.
Each dog has its own personality and its own story to tell and you will be invited to hunt down all 31 of them,” said a spokesman for the arts group.
To add extra interest under 14s are invited to find and name the dogs and there will be awards for the most original and apt name.
You may also want to watch:
Over 14s and adults are invited to submit a short tale about one or more of the dogs.
There will be no red carpet at the award ceremony but there will be something “gold” for the winners.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
You can pick up your entry form at any of the premises displaying a dog and these should be posted in the Black Dog Arts box in the Fisher Theatre, Broad Street.
It is also possible to become an owner of one of the dogs.
They will be re-homed during a grand auction to be held in the Gallery of the Fisher Theatre at noon on Sunday, December 7, the day of the Christmas Street Fair.
Commission bids can be submitted in advance if you cannot make the auction.
Sealed envelopes can be posted in the BDA box in the Fisher Theatre.
The award winners will also be announced following the auction.
All profits from the auction will go to the Bungay Area Community Transport Group.