Burn off some Christmas calories at Bungay’s annual Groggy Doggy run
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Hundreds of runners and their four-legged friends are expected to turn out in force for the annual Groggy Doggy run this Boxing Day.
The traditional cross country race aims to help participants burn off some of those Christmas calories, with over 300 runners completing the 2016 race.
The event takes place each year on December 26 at Bungay’s Outney Common setting off at 10.30am, with the route taking in the beautiful riverside setting.
Many usually opt to wear fancy dress to complete the challenge, and as in previous years the route is expected to be very muddy.
There are a variety of race categories for runners to enter, with a 1.5 mile route for nine to 12-year-olds, 2.5 miles for 13 to 16-year-olds and 2.5 mile or five mile routes for those 17 years and over.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-event entries close at midnight tomorrow, December 23, and anyone wishing to enter on the day is asked to arrive in plenty of time to register and must also take along the correct cash payment. Card payments will not be accepted on the day.
For more information on signing up, visit https://bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk/groggy-doggy-entry/
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 7 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020