Bungay High Students celebrate their record-breaking achievements
- Credit: Archant
More than 400 students, parents and carers celebrated the achievements of Bungay High School.
One hundred and fifty past and present students attended the event to recognise their sporting, academic and creative accomplishments.
The students took to the stage to collect their exam certificates as well as their academic and sports awards.
Former student Tom Marjoram, who is now an orthopaedic surgeon was the guest speaker at the presentation.
He recounted his journey from Bungay High School through to medical school, his experiences in Africa as well as his work in various hospitals. Rebecca Hind was presented with the creativity in KS3 Art and Design award by Mr Marjoram.
You may also want to watch:
The evening was rounded off with mulled wine and juice as well as snacks for everyone to catch up.
The presentation evening has been running for the last five decades at the secondary school.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 3 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 4 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 5 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 6 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 9 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 10 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region