Girls’ team crowned county champions at badminton final
- Credit: Archant
A group of girls from a Bungay school have walked away from a badminton competition as county champions.
The under 16s team from Bungay High School competed in the Suffolk county badminton finals on Friday, January 19, hosted by Woodbridge School.
A tough first match saw Bungay triumph 3-2 against a talented County Upper School from Bury St Edmunds. Their second group match was a comprehensive 5-0 win over Copleston High School from Ipswich.
Two wins out of two meant a match up with the other group stage winners Felixstowe High School for the title of county champions. Bungay managed to edge out Felixstowe in the final game to win 3-2 and walk away victorious.
The team, which was made up of Bethany Drage, Suzie Millward, Rosie Turner and Sophie Johnston, will now go on to represent Suffolk at the regional finals in March.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “Congratulations to the girls who fully deserved the title.”
- 1 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 5 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 6 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 7 Mortgage brokers win prestigious national award
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen during early morning theft in Ellough