Girls’ team crowned county champions at badminton final
- Credit: Archant
A group of girls from a Bungay school have walked away from a badminton competition as county champions.
The under 16s team from Bungay High School competed in the Suffolk county badminton finals on Friday, January 19, hosted by Woodbridge School.
A tough first match saw Bungay triumph 3-2 against a talented County Upper School from Bury St Edmunds. Their second group match was a comprehensive 5-0 win over Copleston High School from Ipswich.
Two wins out of two meant a match up with the other group stage winners Felixstowe High School for the title of county champions. Bungay managed to edge out Felixstowe in the final game to win 3-2 and walk away victorious.
The team, which was made up of Bethany Drage, Suzie Millward, Rosie Turner and Sophie Johnston, will now go on to represent Suffolk at the regional finals in March.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “Congratulations to the girls who fully deserved the title.”
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom