Girls’ team crowned county champions at badminton final
- Credit: Archant
A group of girls from a Bungay school have walked away from a badminton competition as county champions.
The under 16s team from Bungay High School competed in the Suffolk county badminton finals on Friday, January 19, hosted by Woodbridge School.
A tough first match saw Bungay triumph 3-2 against a talented County Upper School from Bury St Edmunds. Their second group match was a comprehensive 5-0 win over Copleston High School from Ipswich.
Two wins out of two meant a match up with the other group stage winners Felixstowe High School for the title of county champions. Bungay managed to edge out Felixstowe in the final game to win 3-2 and walk away victorious.
The team, which was made up of Bethany Drage, Suzie Millward, Rosie Turner and Sophie Johnston, will now go on to represent Suffolk at the regional finals in March.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “Congratulations to the girls who fully deserved the title.”
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch