Girls’ team crowned county champions at badminton final
- Credit: Archant
A group of girls from a Bungay school have walked away from a badminton competition as county champions.
The under 16s team from Bungay High School competed in the Suffolk county badminton finals on Friday, January 19, hosted by Woodbridge School.
A tough first match saw Bungay triumph 3-2 against a talented County Upper School from Bury St Edmunds. Their second group match was a comprehensive 5-0 win over Copleston High School from Ipswich.
Two wins out of two meant a match up with the other group stage winners Felixstowe High School for the title of county champions. Bungay managed to edge out Felixstowe in the final game to win 3-2 and walk away victorious.
The team, which was made up of Bethany Drage, Suzie Millward, Rosie Turner and Sophie Johnston, will now go on to represent Suffolk at the regional finals in March.
You may also want to watch:
A school spokesman said: “Congratulations to the girls who fully deserved the title.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles